Sunday, November 2, 2025

D'Var Torah Parshat Vayera 2025

In this week’s parsha Vayera, three angels visit Abraham and Sarah and tell them that Sarah will give birth to a child. Sarah laughs disbelievingly because of her and her husband’s age. It comes true and Isaac is born, a living reminder of a dream come true, a miracle in the flesh. In life there are many unbelievable wishes that come true, small miracles that happen. This story reminds me of running cross country. I always surprised myself with what I was capable of achieving, running way better than I could have expected. If I planned to do better than I expected I pushed myself even harder. Think of pleasant surprises in your life, the joy that comes from it, and take a moment in your day to appreciate it. If you wish for something good to happen, a positive mindset can help you achieve it.

- Velvel Richmond Shazeer | Natick USY Religion / Education Vice President

1 comment: